Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jollibee Breakfast Kill-Joys


I woke up early this morning to feed my four kittens.  As I was preparing their breakfast of catfood mixed with rice, Mama came in our front door.  I noticed she had a big plastic bag on her hand with a bee's happy face printed on it.  Ooooooh!  Jollibee for breakfast!  I can't wait!  What could it be?  Sumptuous longganisa or maybe some juicy garlic tapa?  However,  I noticed only 3 containers inside the transparent plastic bag.  We were four in the family that time - my sister, her husband, Mama and me.  I didn't save a portion for myself because I wasn't sure if there was an allotment for me... and I was right.


Mama never asked me if I wanted some.  After eating a few leftovers from the refrigerator, I went up straight to my room.  I overheard Mama calling for my sister to eat breakfast... "May Jollibee akong dala"  (I brought home some Jollibee).


Sometimes, I wonder if I'm adopted.  How come I'm being treated this way?  It is so unfair!  But come to think of it, I'm the foster mother of the four orphaned kittens who I saved from the cruel streets of Manila.  Even if I adopted them, I gave them all food.  But Mama... she's different...   

No comments:

Post a Comment